Frequently Asked QuestionsWhen I open the zip file all I get is gobbledygook:
The MiniCrib files you download are .dot or dotm files (document templates for Word). These are quite large files and so, to speed up the download process, they are “zipped” or compressed. If you try to OPEN a zipped files you will indeed get gobbledygook! Here is the process to follow:
1. Select and download
the version of MiniCrib you require.
2. Locate the zipped file you have just downloaded (eg in “downloads” look for Minicrib_Advanced.zip)
3. Double click on the zip file – Windows should then open another window
showing the contents of the zip file – ie “Minicrib_Advanceddot”.
4. “Drag & Drop” Minicrib_Advanced.dot onto the desktop or alternatively “right-click” on MinicribADV24_xx.dot and select “Copy”, close all windows until you can see the Desktop , “right click” on a blank area of the Desktop and select “Paste”
5. If you now “double click” on MinicribAdv24_xx.dot on the Desktop, Word
will start up with Minicrib on the screen.
In versions of Word 2007 - 2019 & Office 365 you need to click on the "Add-Ins" tab on the
menu bar to bring up a new "box" with icons for all the tasks you
expect, including the "footprints". If you havve problems with
this please email for more detailed instructions.
In versions of Word 2007 - 2019 & Office 365 you need to click on the "Add-Ins" tab on the menu bar to bring up a new "box" with icons for all the tasks you expect, including the "footprints". If you havve problems with this please email for more detailed instructions.
The Macros in Minicrib are very large & Microsoft system is suspicious of them.
1. Clear the window & try again,
alternatively press Alt+X.
2. If this results in the same warning the check your security settings by
3. Click Tools/Macro/Security, set the security at Low
4. If the warning still appears clear the box in "Trusted Sources".
The Footprint button should now work OK. (This Footprint button is a short cut for the following action – Tools/Autocorrect/Autotext.)
We hope this information is helpful, but it may not cover your specific issue with MiniCrib. If you email us at email@example.com we will do our very best to help. Please tell us the version of MiniCrib causing the issue and also the version of Microsft Word you are using.
Don't forget to let us know how you get on - feedback is always appreciated.